Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Lofty Goal

Today I finished sheeting the floor of my loft. Also noteworthy, a guy was marking paint on my lot today so I asked him what he was up to. He said the county is placing a sign where the "pioneer graves" are. And then he could give me no other information when I started asking questions. I was mainly curious how it will affect me as property owner, so I'll have to contact the county to find out.


The loft with most of the joists in place






Ready for sub-floor sheeting


All done


The part with the big notch in the floor is where the stairs will come up into the loft. My plan is to have my bedroom up here, and maybe a half-bathroom so no one falls down the stairs and breaks their foot when they need to go in the night. The floor size is about nineteen feet wide by sixteen feet deep. With the stairs cut-out subtracted, the square footage of the loft is about 280 square feet. With the basement, main floor, and loft, the total area of the cabin will be just over 1,100 square feet.

My next task is to design and build the gable end walls to support the main ridge beam to carry the roof. This is the most daunting task so far; hopefully I can find some skilled help on this next step!

No comments:

Post a Comment