Monday, September 27, 2010

Gonna Be a Bright Sunshiny Day!

Then it will cloud up, get really windy, then clear up again, then cloudy like it might rain, then clear down low, with big firey clouds above. While I was in town yesterday, I got myself some fleece-lined jeans that are so comfy, so of course it was very warm when I wore them today. It was great though, I got to work in short sleeves and made good progress. I finished setting all the lookout rafters in place today and was treated afterward to a very pretty sunset.

Here's a look at my cabin with all the lookouts in place. I'm feeling pretty pleased about it. My body got a bit tired of chiseling from awkward positions.

This is the view looking to the hayfield east of my place, from where I've been working lately up by the ridge. It looked striking today, so I had to snap some photos.

In the warm weather, lots of bugs came out today. There were spiders, flies, mosquitoes, and this little guy, among others. I got to see some bats fluttering about, presumably dining, around dusk as well.


Here is the view from my loft, looking westward in the evening today.

This is looking out my bedroom window (and through the wall) in the loft. I can't wait to be able to see a view like this from a comfy chair someday!



Tomorrow I hope to get a bunch more rafters in place. Then I've got to attach the sub fascia boards and hopefully it won't be too long before I'm sheeting the roof.

2 comments: