Thursday, June 10, 2010

Farewell to Joy Cabin

Here is the little cabin in which I now live on Joy Rd., and which I will leave behind in just four days. It has been the perfect place to dream of the cabin I'll build; it has been inspirational and informative. This place is 12 feet by 16 feet, perfect for one (for now), but too small for longer term. So I've learned my Minnesota cabin must be larger than this 200 square foot place. The question is, How big??? I'm thinking 20 by 24ish, with a loft I can stand up in. That should well triple the amount of space compared to my current cabin among the redwoods. There is so much I'll miss when I'm gone, not least of all my little home. How fortunate I am that it will await my return! Bye bye, little house.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, look how cute your cabin is! I can see why you will miss it, but that's the great thing about travel---the opportunity to miss what you get so used to, to really appreciate all that has become commonplace. I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete