Wednesday, June 16, 2010


Here is an interesting possibility that has arisen. This house is for sale 40 miles south of my lot for $2500. It is a two bedroom, square footage unknown. I called the owner and he says it needs cosmetic work like new carpet and fresh paint. It would probably cost an additional $6,000 to move it. I'm thinking it might be neat to build a full garage, and then plop this thing on top of it. I called a house moving company, and the guy said he has seen this house and that it's structurally in good condition. It's fun to think of the different possibilities. The guy who is selling this said he also has a log cabin for sale to be moved. That one costs $4,000 so I'm going to look at them when I get out to Minnesota to what. Buying an already built house isn't my original plan, but it could be a great alternative. I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

  1. That's so cool! Thanks for sharing your journey! Drive safe!

    ~Alison

    ReplyDelete