Wednesday, June 16, 2010

On the road

I'm nearly to Winnemucca, NV. I planned to leave on June 15th, but finally made it out of the house with all my ducks in a row this afternoon on the 16th. If you know me, then you know that's practically right on time for me, maybe even early. The hardest part of getting ready was deciding which shoes to leave behind. I was willing to leave behind my dress cowboy boots, but not my roller skates. Gotta have priorities...

I got to spend excellent quality time with Lynea for several days before my departure and saw a lot of family too. I bought a storage unit, parked it at Mom and John's and got everything squared away. Once I arrived in Nevada, I finally bought a headset for my phone so I can talk legally as I drive. Ironically, it's legal to use a cell phone handset while driving in Nevada, haha. For reasons that would bore Dave to the point of making fun of me, I spent 2 hours between Target and Best Buy trying to find a headset that would work with my crummy phone. Long story short: I have a new phone to match my new headset! Tomorrow, I hope to make it into Grand Tetons National Park and on to Yellowstone as well. Lynea and I agreed I have to spend at least as much time in national parks on this trip as I spend in Best Buy... Off I go, attempting to get across Nevada in the cool of night.

2 comments:

  1. Jon I am glad you write so well. I will enjoy your summer adventure as you blog along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey thanks! I'm about to post again :-)

    ReplyDelete