Friday, May 28, 2010

Lot Photos

So I just figured out how to post multiple pictures in one post, cool! These are photos I took last summer around the time I purchased the 5 acre lot. The dirt road pictured here is 500th St. In the distance, there is a tiny-looking stop sign which marks the intersection of the paved County Rd. 3. This photo looks eastward. One interesting thing is all the rural roads out there are laid out in an evenly spaced numerical grid so it's easy to know how far it is to where you're headed. A great advantage is emergency services can get where they're going without spending a ton of time locating addresses. I wish Cloverdale had been laid out like this when I was firefighting there!

This is about the middle of the property looking north. In the far distance there are pine trees visible which are on the adjacent 20 acre lot owned by my cousin Paul and his wife Melanie who sold me the land :-) They subdivided so I could afford this smaller piece. Their house is about five miles south on the same county road as these lots. I can't wait to visit all my family in MN!

These two images show how the land has a nice variety of vegetation. This is a patch of deciduous trees (poplars probably) near the pond. Farther to the north, there are a few conifers as well; spruce I think. One thing I'm looking forward to is planting more trees on the lot. I'd like to add some maples and probably a lot more conifers. I like pine trees. Also, I'm considering investing in a fog machine and some baby redwoods.

No comments:

Post a Comment