Saturday, August 21, 2010

Walls Are Framed

Things (felt like they) were going slowly and I needed help. I know I can't do this project alone, and it came to a point where I couldn't move forward without help. Joel had helped me raise all three sections of the second wall, and it was time to raise the third but all my family was working. So I hired one of the next door neighbors and we were able to raise two wall sections on one wall, frame two more sections on another wall, and raise those up too. So we put up an entire wall, built a second, and put that up too, all in one day. I think paying for my new friend Nathan's labor is about the best money I've spent on this project!


This is my neighbor by my cabin, Alliyah, and her pet Guinea pig, Sasha. Alliyah has been visiting me almost daily. She tells great stories about the little farm she lives on and brought me some granola bars too.


Two walls up


Two walls plus frame sections for third wall.


Three walls up


Here's my new helper, Nathan, getting a brace ready for the wall we were about to raise. He sure knows a lot about construction for a guy who says he's inexperienced! He caught a couple mistakes, right before I made them yesterday. Whew.


Three and a haaaaaaalf...........


Four walls up!!!!!!!


I was mighty happy about the progress at the end of this day :-)

Today is Saturday and I'm taking the whole day off... By which I mean I got up at 7 and milled some more lumber with Constable Bob. But I only worked an hour or less, and now I'm headed to Melanie's folks' place to do some water skiing with Paul's family and the Pembertons. Tomorrow we're having a family birthday party at the lake in Walker and I hope to see an art show with Joel and Dustin along the way. Time for some serious relaxation!

3 comments:

  1. Hurray! Good work! -Lynea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it up Jon and it will look like a house before you know it.

    Joe

    ReplyDelete